Tuesday, April 27, 2010

AMV Review - Toradora AMV - Prove It!



Summary

This AMV comes from the anime Toradora! and the song is 'Big Girl Now' sung by New Kids On The Block Feat. Lady Gaga. This AMV was created by eragon12111

Video

I'm not going to lie, this video does have a lot of flashing colours and quick cuts of scenes. But it isn't done in a bad way. Clearly those effects were used to highlight the characters in certain parts of the songs and I can appreciate that. I especially like the layering effect that the creator used towards the end of the video where the music had different people singing at the same time. It made it look like different characters were singing at the same time which was great I also liked the fact that the video was based around two pairings. Many AMV makers talk it upon themselves to use one song per pairing, but I liked how this AMV diverted from that and used two different pairings. It broke up the AMV well and the song suited both pairings.

Music

The song 'Big Girl Now' really suits the theme of this AMV. The duet sung by New Kids On The block and Lady Gaga suits the characters, Kitamura, Ryuuji, Minori and Taiga. I really enjoyed how they almost battle it out through song and that was really shown in this video through the characters singing. The energy of the song really reflects on the energy the characters show throughout the series so I feel it is a well suited song.

Theme

The theme of this video was romance. Not a fluffy romance, but more of a tasteful 'let's get it on' romance. It suited the pairings well especially RyuujixTaiga as they spend the whole series fighting, it's like they're giving up to their feelings and saying "Oh what the hell!" It was well thought out in terms of characters and pairings and overall an enjoyable AMV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Asia Engineer - Eternal Pose (Short)

About Me

My Photo
Animegal9215
I'm a full-time student and part-time reviewer of anime and manga. I try to review as much as I can but sometimes it's hard to because life catches up with me. If you have any requests of any anime/manga/video games/fanart that you would like reviewed, please send me a message and I'll review them as soon as possible!! ^_^
View my complete profile

Hit Count

free counters