Thursday, April 22, 2010

Naruto Ch. 492 - Greetings

*CAUTION SPOILERS AHEAD*
Review

Naruto and Killerbee finally come face to face. The last two surviving hosts. The meeting itself wasn't that interesting as there was no conversation between the two but I did enjoy seeing Guy get seasick like he did. It's nice to think that even Guy has a weakness.

Now I'm going to skip ahead to the official meeting of the two hosts (as nothing else really happened on the island before that). I thought Naruto asking Killerbee to train him was quite predictable but I'm glad Killerbee didn't agree right away as many characters seem to do when faced with a similar situation. I did enjoy Naruto's attempt at rapping though. I found his rap really in character as only he would comment on how his "sunglasses and tan is pretty hot". I also liked how Killerbee didn't go for the conventional handshake but took on the fist bump approach. Again very in character. And then suddenly, without warning, we get a whole double spread with Naruto's original trademark jutsu. The Harem no Jutsu. Now while I must admit I thought he had outgrown that jutsu, I'm really glad he hasn't because it just shows how after all Naruto has been through, he still can resort to the same old pranks he used to do. But with saying that I'm glad Killerbee resisted the jutsu as it shows men can be immune to it.

Now we all knew it was coming, another training arc. And Motoi doesn't help in delaying it. With Motoi's reaction to Naruto badmouthing Bee, I can't help but wonder if there is more to his backstory than meets the eye. And since Motoi agreed to train Naruto after he mentioned the fist bump, again I wonder about the significance. But I'm sure we'll get all of that information from a lengthy flashback that is due to come.

I really found these last few pages too unoriginal for my liking. First of all, sitting underneath a waterfall to train is way overused in most manga. And secondly, really?? A dark Naruto? Like there aren't enough evil characters already? I am not looking forward to this training arc if it's going to be full of cliches and so far, I'm not impressed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Asia Engineer - Eternal Pose (Short)

About Me

My Photo
Animegal9215
I'm a full-time student and part-time reviewer of anime and manga. I try to review as much as I can but sometimes it's hard to because life catches up with me. If you have any requests of any anime/manga/video games/fanart that you would like reviewed, please send me a message and I'll review them as soon as possible!! ^_^
View my complete profile

Hit Count

free counters