Tuesday, February 9, 2010

AMV Review - Azumanga Daioh: Shameless Rhapsody

AMV of the week

Summary
Ok a new AMV of the week. So this week's AMV comes from the anime Azumanga Daioh and the song is 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen. The AMV is named "Shameless Rhapsody" and was edited by Richard Marshal.

Video
Now there are not any major effects or transitions used in this AMV, only the occasional fade in/out. That's what I like about this AMV, it's simple. It doesn't rely on effects to make it simple, just good old comic timing. And speaking of timing it was very well done here. The creator made sure that every character had their own contribution in the video and that's what I liked, it wasn't all based on one character, rather the whole entire cast of Azumanga Daioh and their antics.

Music
Bohemian Rhapsody is an anthem, so if you're going to use such a popular song for an AMV you'd better make sure that the song suits the AMV. The opening line "Is this the real life, is this just fanatsy" suits Azumanga Daioh because the anime is all about the characters being so caught up inn their own little worlds that they sometimes forget what reality is all about, in a comical way of course. I found it created a whole new meaning to Azumanga Daioh, while keeping the whole slice of life genre in check.

Theme
The theme of this AMV is clearly comedy. If the creator aims were to make us laugh with their comic timing and then they certainly did their job. I loved how it brought out the innocence of Chiyo-chan and Osaka as well as how annoying Tomo is. Definitely well thought out and done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Asia Engineer - Eternal Pose (Short)

About Me

My Photo
Animegal9215
I'm a full-time student and part-time reviewer of anime and manga. I try to review as much as I can but sometimes it's hard to because life catches up with me. If you have any requests of any anime/manga/video games/fanart that you would like reviewed, please send me a message and I'll review them as soon as possible!! ^_^
View my complete profile

Hit Count

free counters