Friday, February 5, 2010

One Piece Ch. 573 - The Current Age is Named Whitebeard

*CAUTION SPOILERS AHEAD*
Review

Whitebeard vs. The Navy. A fight we all knew was coming but we never wanted to accept. So as all of Whitebeard's sons struggle to conceive the fact that their father is willing to sacrifice himself for them the Navy keep on trying to win the battle. Sengoku and Garp appear to be alive and I liked their comments about Whitebeard.


I always love how Oda will break a chapter up if it's getting too intense. The page with Buggy trying to broadcast his "coolness" was a fantastic diversion from the intense battle that was raging on. I loved the public reaction after Buggy announced himself. It was priceless!

Back to Ace, his bowing down to Whitebeard was a great scene. The amount of respect that Ace showed to Whitebeard shows that he really was truly loved. Though at the same time I just wanted him and Luffy to get out of there otherwise something bad would happen. And sure enough the marine "Red Dog" shows up and insults Whitebeard. Ace's love for Whitebeard as well as his love for his brother is tested here. But to see Ace get burnt for Luffy was heartbreaking. So after this whole arc the question still remains. Will Ace live?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Asia Engineer - Eternal Pose (Short)

About Me

My Photo
Animegal9215
I'm a full-time student and part-time reviewer of anime and manga. I try to review as much as I can but sometimes it's hard to because life catches up with me. If you have any requests of any anime/manga/video games/fanart that you would like reviewed, please send me a message and I'll review them as soon as possible!! ^_^
View my complete profile

Hit Count

free counters