Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Piece Ch. 575 - Wordless Rage

*CAUTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!*
Review

So the world is in shock. Fire Fist Ace is dead. Seeing the whole world in shock like that just reinforces what a big impact Ace's deathhas onwhole entire pirating world. Now we were all wondering what Luffy would do in this chapter and honestly, it's not all that surprising that he's mentally collapsed. Akainu moves in for the kill but Commander Marco steps in saving Luffy's life. I like what he states here, "That boy's life... is now what remains of Ace's will!" To see that everyone is doing whatever they can to save Luffy just reinforces how important Ace was to them.

Now the most awesome panel... seeing Whitebeard own Akainu. Many Ace fans waited so long for this moment and it was fantastically well drawn. Although Akainu fights back, almost melting most of Whitebeard's face we can expect Whitebeard to leave that fight unharmed. To see the marine HQ crumble so easily and to see what Whitebeard is still capable of is amazing. It crumbled like nothing and to see Whitebeard state "I'm not done yet" would make anyone freak whether they are friend or foe.

Now it's weird that the Marines never noticed that big giant behind the HQ building but I guess that's the way the chapter rolls. Suddenly the panel switches to something above the execution platform. And low and behold it's Blackbeard with his new and improved crew. I enjoyed how Oda keeps the arc moving at a good pace and to see Blackbeard back really raises some new questions. Sadly we have to wait for 2 weeks until we find out what his new crew does and if he will finally get rid of Whitebeard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Asia Engineer - Eternal Pose (Short)

About Me

My Photo
Animegal9215
I'm a full-time student and part-time reviewer of anime and manga. I try to review as much as I can but sometimes it's hard to because life catches up with me. If you have any requests of any anime/manga/video games/fanart that you would like reviewed, please send me a message and I'll review them as soon as possible!! ^_^
View my complete profile

Hit Count

free counters